Wednesday, November 09, 2005

EthiopiaOnMyMind

One thing that has pleasantly surprised me about the current situation in Ethiopia is the level of engagement by what I referred to as the "ordinary Ethiopian" in my posting the other day in the affairs of the nation. I think there is something profound going on here! Here is one example of such an engagement. I was surprised when a long time friend of mine, who displayed very little taste for Ethiopian politics in the years I have known him, sent me an email today inviting me to visit a blog he has just started called EthiopiaOnMyMind. I like what he has to say. Check it out! Here is a quote from his latest post.
Obeying and respecting the constitution requires disobeying the unconstitutional order of the Prime Minister or any government official to shoot, kill and arrest citizens for exercising their rights under the constitution.

No comments: