Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Meles has vanished for good

After two months of prevarications, the Woyane regime finally admitted today that Meles Zenawi has died. I do not feel sad that Meles is gone (he has too much blood in his hands), but I do feel sad for his children that he passed away so young.

Now that Meles is gone, what will the future hold for Ethiopia? Will the ruling clique seize this opportunity to bring those Ethiopians that have been excluded from the political process in the last two decades of Meles' rule? Knowing what I know about Ethiopians, I do not have high hopes that they will recognize the need for a reconciliation. But, who knows, only time will tell.

David Shinn, a former US ambassador to Ethiopia, gives his take on Meles' death to PRI's The Take Away (listen below). I think he gives a fair analysis of Meles as a person and his style of rule.



No comments: